HOMEOTECH expands its activities in new research and innovation sectors by participating in proposals and implementation of projects funded by national or European instruments.
At national level, these programmes improve the capabilities and enhance the research investments, innovation and technological development of the company with funds from NSRF programmes, actions of the General Secretariat for Research and Technology, etc.
At European level, the company is involved in project planning, proposals and implementation of projects such as LIFE, HORIZON, INTERREG, INTELLIGENT ENERGY EUROPE, Implementation of Educational programs, etc.
These programmes aim to promote sustainable development and utilization of forest resources through management improvement and modernization. Specifically, the areas of company interest include:
- Urban forestry
- Forest protection and sustainable forest management
- Species & habitats protection and management
- Biomass exploitation from sustainably managed forests
- Strengthening the resilience and promoting the adaptation of forests to climate change
- Biomass exploitation for bioenergy from Marginal Lands
- Strengthening the role of forests as carbon sinks