The event began on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, in Thessaloniki, at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel, with the National Workshop themed: “Exploiting Biomass Production Capabilities in Marginal Lands of the Mediterranean Region”. The workshop focused on issues such as energy, bioenergy, biomass production & use, nature conservation and environment protection, addressing experts and other stakeholders.
Keynote speakers of the national workshop:
- Fragiskakis Nikitas, General Director of Forests and Rural Affairs – Decentralised Administrator Of Macedonia & Thrace
- Spyros Galatsidas – Democritus University of Thrace
- Fotis Kiourtsis, Dimitris Keramitzis, Lampetsou Eugenia – Decentralised Administrator Of Macedonia & Thrace
- Despoina Vlachaki – Democritus University of Thrace (HOMEOTECH)
- Chatzigavriel Despina & Dr. Anastasiadis Aristoklis – HORIZON S.A.
- Dimitrios Tertipis – Geothermal Energy & Biomass Department-Public Power Company Renewables S.A.
- Ermioni Maliarou (on behalf of Professor Phil. Aravanopoulos) – Faculty of Agriculture, Forest Science & Natural Environment, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Charalampos Lykidis – Hellenic Agricultural Organization “Demeter” Institute of Mediterranean & Forest Ecosystems-Laboratory of Wood Anatomy and Technology
- Eleftheriadis Ioannis – Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving of Greece
On November 29, the 5th SEEMLA internal Project Meeting was held at the Mediterranean Palace in Thessaloniki, with representatives from all project partners.
On November 30, the project partners visited the pilot plots in Rodopi, located in the eastern part of Greece. The team members were informed about the current state of the pilot sites and the monitoring process that is being implemented.